Thursday, November 10, 2011

Our Story...

It all began the summer before my freshman year of high school. I was babysitting Brogan's cousins, and his Aunt Emy called to tell him he should come talk to me. She told him to just pretend he had left a sweatshirt or something over at their house so it wouldn't be awkward. He came in, and I was soooo embarrassed! I hadn't done much to get ready to go babysitting. We sat and talked for awhile until his dad called and told him to get back to work.

The first time we really spent time together was at the Homecoming Dance. Brogan asked me to dance then asked if I wanted to go hang out with him and his friends after. I told him I would, but I wasn't sure my parents would let me go off with a whole bunch of senior boys. So Brogan decided he would call and ask them. He was hoping Sister Duncan (as he called her then) would answer the phone, but instead it was Papa Jason. Brog didn't let it phase him and just asked if I could go. I don't know if my dad was just impressed that he had the guts to call or what, but he said I could.







The rest of my freshman year we spent quite a bit of time together, and became good friends. I had a hard time watching Brog leave on his mission because I had no idea what to expect when he came home, but I knew he was doing the right thing, and I am so proud of him for going and serving a full time mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment