Saturday, November 12, 2011

The Engagement...

I convinced Brogan to transfer from BYU-I to Utah State with me, and we spent a lot of time together. We eventually started talking a little bit about the possibility of getting married, so I was expecting him to propose at any time. I waited and waited and waited because Brog was really hoping to catch me off guard. Finally on February 20, 2011 he popped the question.

We were staying in a cabin in Island Park with my family, and we had been out snowmobiling all day. That night we were watching a movie and just trying to relax because we were all exhausted. In the middle of the movie, I got up to run up to the room my sister and I were sharing to get some chapstick. As I was sitting on the bed applying it to my lips, I looked up and saw Brogan standing in the door way. He said he had been meaning to ask me something for awhile and right then he got down on one knee and asked if I would marry him. Of course I said YES. 
Everyone likes to tease Brog because he didn't propose in the most romantic way. But truth is, I loved it. He totally caught me by surprise, and the proposal was just so HIM. It couldn't have been a better weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment